Fashion’s Night Out round three promises to be the biggest yet. Stores in over 250 cities across the US and overseas are scheduled to participate in the Vogue-helmed retail fest, and this year over 200 e-tailers will join in on the fun so those not living in or near a participating city can throw down plastic and score some deals too.
September 8 looms ever closer and Fashionsnightout.com has just unveiled a master list of events hosted by retailers across the country so you can start mapping out your shopping route now. (And we mean that literally–the site allows you to “add events” to your “night out” and plots them on a map.)
We scoured the listings for all the most important information: which celebrities have signed on and what they’ll be doing, the craziest gimmicks, and where all your favorite designers will be so you can show them some love.
THE BOLDFACE NAMES
It’s no surprise that the biggest retailers draw the biggest names. Here’s a look at what Bergdorf’s, Saks, Macy’s and Bloomies have in store for their NYC flagships come September 8.
– Michael Kors will make an appearance in Bergdorf’s famed Fifth Avenue windows to celebrate 30 years of being stocked at the specialty retailer.
– As much as we love us some MK, we’re almost more excited about the designer dog show. Designers Alexandra Vidal, Badgley Mischka, Bibhu Mohapatra, Cushnie & Ochs, John Barrett, Joseph Altuzarra, Kimberly McDonald, Laurance Dacade, Lela Rose, Nicholas Varney, Pamella Roland, Reem Acra and Wes Gordon will strut their stuff accompanied by their canine companions while Marchesa designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, Santiago Gonzalez, and The BagSnob’s Tina Craig judge their efforts.
– Oscar de la Renta will be there to sign his limited-edition “Face of Fashion” fall kaleidoscope palette by Le Métier de Beauté.
– Indie pop singer Audrianna Cole will perform.
– Rachel Zoe will be on hand to celebrate the launch of her new contemporary line.
– Erin Wasson will make an appearance alongside her capsule collection for French retailer Zadig & Voltaire.
– Edun founder Ali Hewson (aka Bono’s wife) is hosting some truth or lie game where she and a special guest tell shoppers a story and they have decide whether it’s the truth or a lie. WWD muses that the special guest might be Bono himself.
Macy’s Herald Square location is really throwing down this year:
– Appearances by: Tommy Hilfigger, Coco Rocha (she might help you shop the Karl Lagerfeld for Macy’s collection!), Sandra Lee, ANTM‘s Miss J, Bobbi Brown, “INC Editor at Large” Anna Dello Russo who will be joined by Karolina Kurkova, Rachel Roy and Amar’e Stoudemire (they’ll introduce their collaboration for Roy’s lower priced line) and we think Diddy. Here’s the description: “Hang out in Sean John’s FNO Club Room! With any XXX purchase, receive a special VIP bracelet to take a turn against Diddy in the ultimate game of billiards.” So that sounds like you could maybe shoot pool with Diddy, right?
– Performances by: Joss Stone, Kelly Rowland, and a Gucci Guilty dance party DJed by Samantha Ronson.
Saks Fifth Avenue
– Quite a motley crew here: the magical mystical Tilda Swinton will join Pringle of Scotland designer Alistair Carr and Central Saint Martins’ Louise Wilson for a “special event,” Ne-Yo will sign hats from his line and perform, and Prabal Gurung will be there too.
New York is the birthplace of Fashion’s Night Out and it’s still the celeb-laden focal point of the event. But since 249 other cities are involved this year they’re doing some extreme things to get attention.
– You can strut North America’s longest runway at Dallas’ Galleria Dallas.
– Newbury Street in Boston will close to traffic for the first time in 15 years so FNO shoppers can browse without worrying about getting hit by a car…
– In DC’s Georgetown neighborhood an FNO-branded hot air balloon will float above shoppers and, according to the release, “a secret flash mob may spring up at any moment.”
BEST OF THE REST
– Unfortunately you can’t escape the Real Housewives, Kelly Killoren Bensimon and LuAnn de Lesseps who will be at New York & Company’s 58th street store-News you can use. Plan your route accordingly.
– Fashion darling Solange Knowles has left Opening Ceremony for Lord and Taylor; she’ll spin at their Fifth Ave. store.
– Jessica Stam will be stationed at Roger Vivier where she’ll inspire you to “channel your inner model” at their “StudioBooth.” I think that’s a fancy way of saying photo booth.
– Tattoos–done in Swarovski crystals (at Swarovski), gold glitter (at Tiffany’s), henna (courtesy DVF’s Home Indian Temple collection at Bloomingdale’s) and real ink (at Belle by Sigerson Morrison), will be available
– No word yet on what Opening Ceremony has in store but you can bet they’ll bring it.
Which stores will you be hitting up on September 8?