1. Alexander McQueen. Sarah Burton proves once again she’s got the chops to keep McQueen’s legacy alive and well.
2. Giambattista Valli. His ladylike ’60s designs brought glamor to the runways. Can’t beat the trains on those finale gowns.
3. Carven. Guillaume Henry created adorable ’50s inspired clothes for today’s brainy chicks.
4. Lanvin. Alber Elbaz can do no wrong–hence Lauren’s plea for him to be installed at Dior. We loved the moody edge to this fall’s collection.
5. Celine. Well, of course. There was plenty to envy in Phoebe Philo’s sleek driving-inspired collection. Namely those coats.
6. Dries Van Noten. The print master at the top of his game–patchwork prints and textures delight.
7. Givenchy. I mean, cats. Big cats. Need I say more?
8. Balenciaga. Ghesquière harnesses flower power.
9. Haider Ackermann. Liquid and luxe. Slouchy and sexy.
10. Nina Ricci. Over-the-top romance.