NARS Cosmetics launches its Last Resort collection for Spring/Summer 2015. The limited edition collection was inspired by François Nars’ love of French Polynesia and his stunning island of Montu Tané. All items are catered to giving you a sun-kissed look no matter where the season takes you. Special offerings include the new Laguna Bronzer compact with a mini Ita brush, a set of four temporary tattoo sheets and the return of the Body Glow and Monoï Body Glow II.
The Last Resort collection is available now at NARS boutiques, narsosmetics.com and Sephora, then at department and specialty stores on April 1st.
Body Glow SRP $59
The burnished aura of high noon tropics, captured in an addictive blend of shimmer and shine. Part glistening monoi oil, part gardenia-infused coconut oil—pure paradise.
Monoï Body Glow II SRP $59
Escape into the senses with the essence of Tahiti. Monoi oil imparts instant hydration and exaltation with the sumptuous splendor of gardenia, refined in coconut extract.
Tahiti Bronzer $59
An extravagant exclusive for skin, steeped in NARS’ iconic Laguna bronzing powder and mini Ita brush. Intoxicating warmth. Instant tan. The golden life.
Tattoos SRP $35
The pulse of Tahiti, the mark of a moment: a set of four limited-edition temporary tattoos transport and transform with exhilarating edge.
NARS Cosmetics launches two limited edition blush palettes ($41) featuring exclusive shades combined to help sculpt, highlight, and define the face. A new silky-textured formula allows shades to blend to a smooth, even finish. Both palettes will be available at Sephora and sephora.com beginning August 1st.
– SOULSHINE combines peachy pink with gold shimmer and sheer golden apricot – REALM OF THE SENSES combines flirty, sheer peach, shimmering bronzed rose, and sparkling gold sand.
REALM OF THE SENSES Flirty, sheer peach Shimmering bronzed rose Sparkling gold sand
SOULSHINE Peachy pink with gold shimmer Sheer golden apricot Soft rose tone with golden shimmer
Love this new Nars collection! I can’t wait to try the eyeshadows and of course the blush, which is the perfect shade of pink of spring /summer. The Makeup remover is also a definite must have on my list 😉
The Spring 2012 Collection, created by Founder and Creative Director François Nars, stars a mix of bright and playful colors balanced with rich, saturated hues. Nars chose to photograph model Ginta Lapina for the spring campaign, explaining, “Her delicate features and classic beauty made her an ideal fit for a collection that’s at once fresh and fierce.” The collection is a study in contrasts: Bold color underscored by sophisticated shimmer. Eyes glisten in muted tones of lavender and pink, or shimmer in bronze shades accented with rich navy. Cheeks are flushed with candy pink. Lips gleam in topaz or pop with berry. Metallic violet nails add the finishing touch to a collection that’s bright, strong and iconic.
Dark Rite Soft Touch Shadow Pencil $24
The navy blue Soft Touch Shadow Pencil complements any warm-weather look. Use the creamy, long-wearing formula alone, as a base for layering with powder shadow, or to line and sculpt the eye. Mexican Rose Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil $24
Just like its namesake flower, known for its long-lasting pink blooms, this hot-pink Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil leaves lips soft and gorgeously glossy thanks to moisture-rich hyaluronic spheres, which make pouts appear plumper. Valparaíso Pure Matte Lipstick $25
The Chilean city is becoming increasingly known as the country’s cultural capital. The rich raspberry Pure Matte Lipstick delivers long-wearing color with a comfortable finish. Bilbao Lipstick $24
A smooth and super-conditioning Lipstick in a shimmering topaz named for the Basque region of Spain, which has been revitalized by the Frank Gehry–designed Guggenheim Museum.
Gaiety Blush $28
A bright candy-pink Blush that’s as cheerful as the state of joyful exuberance for which it’s named.
Douce France Trio Eyeshadow (Limited Edition) $45
Named for the 1942 song by French singer-songwriter Charles Trenet. The Trio Eyeshadow features three gorgeous pink shade—shimmery icy pink, shimmery rose-petal pink and matte deep rose—that can be mixed to create a range of looks, from delicate and innocent to bold and sophisticated. Wear each alone or use one as a base, another to highlight and the third as a liner or contour.
Paramaribo Duo Eyeshadow (Limited Edition) $34
The capital and largest city of Surinam, a tropical state in South America, was the inspiration for this Duo Eyeshadow, with its metallic shades of brass and bronze. Wear each solo, or use one as a base and the other as an accent or highlight for a richly burnished effect.
Lhasa Single Eyeshadow $24
One of the highest cities in the world, Lhasa is the home to many significant Tibetan Buddhist palaces. This shimmery lavender-gray Single Eyeshadow lends lids a luminous look worthy of its spiritual namesake.
Diamond Life Nail Polish (Limited Edition) $18
Sade’s 1984 debut album inspired this metallic violet Nail Polish. “Smooth Operator” indeed.
Makeup Removing Water $28
Soap-free, oil-free, and alcohol-free, our Makeup Removing Water is the gentle, yet effective way to kick off your skincare routine. The water formula easily sweeps away makeup and tones the skin, without having to rub. Infused with cucumber, chamomile and hyaluronic acid, Makeup Removing Water leaves skin feeling soft, soothed and refreshed. Saturate a cotton pad with product, gently smooth over entire face and follow with your recommended NARS cleanser. The result: purified, toned, glowing skin. Non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, and dermatologist and ophtamologist tested.
Bronzer is key in my daily morning makeup routine. So below I talk about the different kinds and which one can work for you, since there are sooooo many. 😉
Bronzer definitely has a lock on summer. With its universally appealing sun-kissed finish, a touch of bronzer adds an instant glow that evokes a breezy, beachy, weekend look. But it’s not foolproof, or, unlike the bright makeup we’re also loving this summer, something to take creative license with. Read: Over-applying or picking the wrong shade can result in that cringe-inducing, beyond bronzed look. In the hopes of demystify the world of bronzer, we turned to celebrity makeup artist Carmindy for some expert tips, and also rounded up a bevy of new bronzers, including options that go beyond the basics—think shimmer, cream, and liquid formulas. Because, as Carmindy affirms, “everyone can wear a bronzer, it’s just about knowing which shade works best for you.” 1. Pick Your Shade and Go Easy With Application—”Go about two shades deeper than your natural coloring, and don’t dust bronzer all over the face, which can make you look dirty,” says Carmindy. “Instead, strategically brush it on in a C formation. Start at the temples and sweep along the sides of the face and under cheeks for a more natural glow. You can add a slight sweep across forehead, nose, and chin at the end, but very lightly.”
2. Matte vs. Shimmer—A common mistake Carmindy sees often is applying a too-dark metallic bronzer all over the face. Instead, for day, try a matte bronzer: “Matte looks good if it’s very sheer and applied lightly,” she says. “It’s more natural than shimmer bronzer, so it wears best during the day and on lighter skin tones. If you’re really porcelain, make sure you use a very light shade of bronzer, and if your skin is really dark, use a deep shade with a bit of shimmer.”
3. Rules Of Sparkle—”Make sure to only use heavily metallic bronzer at night and stick to shimmer bronzers that have a slight pearlescent glow for day.”
4. Try A Bronzer-Blush Combo—Carmindy recommends using bronzer and blush separately, with the blush applied on the apples of the cheeks and bronzer in the C formation. But some duos are made for blending and these duos can give you a brightened up tan if you start off light and build from there.
5. Step Into Liquid—”Liquids can be messy and tricky,” says Carmindy. “So, it’s easier to stick to creams or powders. But if you must use liquids, try mixing them in with your moisturizer.” Plus, some of the new products with a foundation-like texture (like Guerlain’s Terracotta foundation and Stila’s One Step), help illuminate and can be applied all over the face or just in the T-zone.
NARS Laguna Bronzer is my go-to bronzer in my make up bag- I simply don’t leave the house without it. With that being said, I was extremely excited to hear about their new launch.
NARS introduces a limited-edition collection of products this summer inspired by the cult classic Laguna Bronzing Powder. Taking a cue from Founder & Creative Director François Nars’ island, Motu Tane, the collection evokes vivid images of the exotic French Polynesia. The campaign image, photographed by François Nars, boasts a stunning black and white image of a Tahitian woman. The collection is available now on www.narscosmetics.com.
· Laguna Body Illuminator ($45) – After the high demand of light-reflecting golden bronze face Illuminator comes an Illuminator designed for body application that won’t transfer onto clothing. Perfect for legs, neck and décolleté, the Body Illuminator is a limited-edition product.
· Laguna Multiple ($39) – Fusing an iconic shade with a cult classic formula, the brown with golden shimmer shade will debut for the first time as a limited-edition Multiple – perfect for highlighting, lightly contouring, or all-over bronzing.
· Orgasm, Albatross, Laguna ‘Blush/Bronzer Trio’ ($55) – Three iconic NARS products, one portable zip-around compact. With Orgasm Blush, Albatross Highlighting Blush Powder, and Laguna Bronzing Powder, this limited-edition trio makes a flawless complexion more attainable than ever.
It’s raining in NYC again! Which kind of makes it hard to think of summer, SMH
Anywhoo, NARS just launched their new Summer 2011 collection and it’s looking fun! Love the pops of colors and the bronzed skin looks. The collection is now available at narscosmetics.com.
The Summer 2011 Collection, created by Founder & Creative Director François Nars, boasts bright colors reminiscent of the tropics. Neon orange gives an unexpected pop of color along with bright white, coral and cantaloupe. The highlight, Cap Ferrat Trio Eyeshadow, fuses three cool-toned variations of teal for an effortless day-to-evening transition. Franois once again turned to model Iris Strubegger for the campaign. Her intensely bronzed skin was the perfect accessory to complement the bright shades within the collection.